Does filing your taxes get you down year after year? It doesn’t have to be this way! Let’s look at six reasons why you should hire a professional tax preparer in Jamestown, ND to handle your taxes:
- You don’t have to worry: Perhaps you thought that having the option of filing your taxes online was going to be easier than filling out a long form, by hand. There was a time that colleges offering tax classes were filled to capacity with students of all ages wanting to learn how to fill out tax forms. Though today Internet filing is the most popular method, there can still be concern that you answered a tax question wrong or forgot to include a notable deduction. Remove the worry from tax season—get a tax pro on your side.
- They are knowledgeable: Rest assured that your chosen tax preparer in Jamestown, ND is knowledgeable in the ins and outs of tax preparation. They do this for a living—therefore, it behooves them to stay up to date on changes to laws, rules and regulations in the tax world, including changes made by the Internal Revenue Service. Also, many tax professionals attend yearly conferences, seminars and certification programs to build up their knowledge bank.
- An expert can answer your financial questions: You don’t remove yourself from the picture when you hire a tax preparer. This is a great opportunity to ask financial questions and listen to their advice for this tax year and the next. How can you lower what you owe next year? Which deductions are you qualified to claim? Questions like these can be hard for you to answer on your own, which is where a pro’s advice really comes in handy.
- To avoid mistakes: If you do your calculations wrong and underpay on owed taxes, you are likely to end up with hefty penalty fees from the IRS. Reporting incorrect amounts on your tax return because of mistakes can be a big problem for you as an individual or as a small business owner, as you could find yourself being audited. Getting a tax expert will save you from a headache of a mess.
- You’ll save money: Although there are fees associated with professional tax services, it’s nothing compared to the amount of money you might be able to save. Even a single missed tax credit or deduction on your part can make a significant difference on your return or what you may owe. Hire an expert—someone who does this for a living year-round—so no dollar goes unnoticed.
- You’ll save time: If you’re like many Americans, you’re not exactly jumping for joy when tax season rolls around. If you would rather be off doing something else—something other than struggling and complaining your way through your taxes—then seek out tax preparation services. To begin, all you need to do is gather your paperwork and anything else your tax pro will need, give it to them and then head off for a fun day of not having to do your own taxes!
If hiring a professional tax preparer in Jamestown, ND this year sounds like a good plan, we hope you’ll get in touch with Craig S. Hanson, CPA for all of your tax needs.